I've been told many times that I have 'dude tendencies', whatever that means. Most of the time I hear it after having conversations about men and in reaction to the nonchalant way I deal with them or the way I respond to things they do. For example, I was talking to BLT about how I hate when guys just don't get it. If I often don't call you back, don't continue to call, send text messages or leave voice mails with hopes that I'll call you back any quicker- I won't and it makes said dude look pressed. His response: "You're such a n!@@a". Doesn't everyone feel this way though? Or shouldn't they? I mean I like attention (sometimes too much) but neediness is NEVER attractive.
I guess the way I like attention or get bored with people is another 'dude tendency'. I disagree though. I do tend to get bored after a while when the person I'm dealing with doesn't show me as much attention as I want. I also have a short attention span so if someone comes to fill that void, I have a hard time not being distracted. Who doesn't? Is this only a male trait?
So this brings me to my current situation. I've been dating HR (note: RW=HR) for quite a while now, things are cool. He's a great guy, I can definitely live with the 85% about him that I love. The only major problem is his location. If he was local, we'd be perfect...maybe. So..I meet Kevin Garnett (tall, chocolatey, from Beantown, but cuter) @ a work function. He catches my eye, I catch his. Not thinking much of it cause of HR. Well, later we end up @ the club, he shows up and becomes my dance partner for the night. Over the course of the evening, we exchange BB pins which is pretty innocent to me because getting bb msg buddies is like a game to me. We've been pinging each other for a few weeks now with the occasional phone convo, but there still has been no mention of HR. I haven't quite figured out how to bring it up without getting played (in case he's not even feeling me) so I haven't. BFFL's mother says I'm playing with KGs emotions, but howso?
If I were a dude, I wouldn't think twice about this. HR is my main dude and I have no intention of jeopardizing that with KG. BFFL says keep KG in my back pocket, but be smart. If I were a boy, then I'd have me a waiting list just in case...but I'm a lady so its different right? I'm trying hard to stay out of the gray area. It just sucks because I know KG has local boo potential but how can I want him for myself when I'm already someone's girl? Oh well...guess I'll see him next lifetime.


0 comments:
Post a Comment