Let's just say that Krypto was in rare form last night. (Well, not rare but its been a while since I've seen this side of him). BFFL and I are out with some friends from college, me and Krypto are getting along fine, having a random conversation and wham!
We continue to go back and forth. He says he can beat him in any category, etc, etc. So he doesn't even know HR, who's definitely NOT subpar, but even if he was..I can't believe he has the audacity to let this come out of his mouth. I'm trying my hardest to not say some things that I know will hurt his feelings. I think he's aware of the fact that I don't like scenes and I'm not gonna take it there, which is why he continues to provoke me. We are getting pretty loud at this point and BFFL has to intervene and basically tell Krypto that he sounds pretty jealous- which he vehemently denies. This dead end conversation eventually dies and later Krypto says, "Tootsie, you know we have a Love-Hate relationship." This is an apology in Krypto terms.Krypto: You're dealing with a subpar n***a....I'm the best thing that you've had and you let that pass you by. Blah, blah, blah.
Me: What are you talking about? You don't even know him...How you figure a man who actually cares for me is subpar? Do I not deserve to be happy?
Ugh! Where do some people get off thinking they are God's gift to women? Jealousy is supposed to be a female trait. If you take issue with the fact that your chick has moved on, say something or don't let it happen in the first place. Like Beyonce said "If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it. Don't get mad when you see that he want it."
I pray that this was another eye opener for me and that the spell of Krypto will finally wear off for good.


4 comments:
So, this begs the question...why are you still kickin' it in close quarters with someone that you have openly identified as your "kryptonite"?!? You have a dude, stop. This is becoming a repeat offense.
Good point..but, it's not that easy unfortunately. I would have to eliminate an entire group of people. And it's never in 'close quarters'
@ B.Staten
Sometimes its not that easy. Coming from a recent visit myself to a place where pretty much 1/3 of all my alma mater's alum dwell, 'escaping' isn't easy. While visiting I saw the SAME 20 people for 3 straight days for 3 different UNRELATED events. I mean Tootsie could create a hole for herself and not venture to social outings sponsored by the circle she and Krypto are a part of. But why should she, or anyone, 'avoid' someplace(close quarters or not) because a certain someone may be there?
Sorry to hear Toots.. keep your head up.....
Point taken. A little more understandable, given that dude was a friend from within your circle first, before things went further.
The true issue is that dude should have more respect for her existing relationship. That's Tootsie's responsibility to enforce that.
Definitely shouldn't have to go into hiding. Grown folks should be able to handle themselves accordingly. Its truly a rather unfortunate and uncomfortable situation...
Post a Comment