I'll find a way to get through.
Normally, I look forward to the holidays; however, I knew this year would be a little different. This would be the first holiday without my brother and today is his birthday. For the past 2 weeks, it was hard to go to sleep as my mind would constantly drift to thoughts of him.
Now that Thanksgiving day has come and gone, and the day is almost over, I know that we spent the holiday/his birthday as Maurice would've wanted us to-together. The past couple of days my family has been hanging tight, from staying up reminiscing about how my daddy and brother always found funny ways to 'break wind', to playing dance dance revolution and laughing at how my little brother Jonathan has absolutely no rhythm, just like Maurice.
His physical presence and always present jokes were definitely missed this year, but I know that he was definitely with us. If anything, his death has helped put us together again.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm so proud of you Toots! The fact that you guys are able to smile and laugh is a great testament to his life. I'm sure he was rigth there laughing right along with you!
Hold tight, pimp...
Post a Comment