Disclaimer: Read at Your Own Risk

The thoughts expressed on Xscape from Repression are just that, my thoughts. The situations and characters may or may not be real. If you read and find that something applies to you, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. I say all this to say: read at your own risk. No hurt feelings allowed. That is all.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Can I bust inside of you?!?...showing love to a fellow blogger

Tuesday, February 3, 2009
So a good friend of mine posted an interesting post today and I could not help but to comment. Show some love by reading his post, then see my response that I've pasted below. My response won't make sense unless you read. I encourage anyone to also share their thoughts.

So when I first read this I was infuriated. I let someone else read, a chick nonetheless, and the first thing she said was.."maybe they were talking about head". Maybe that matters a little but to me...not really.

I agree with you on every point. Granted, we don't know the chicks response. Maybe she said, hell no you can't bust inside of me...but more than likely she has done something for dude to feel comfortable sending this type of message. I don't understand why women would let random dudes bust in them, knowing they're not trying to wife you, commit to you or that there are too many different types of STDs out there to be playing with fire. I can't remember which network it was, I believe it was BET that had the series about sex and all the statistics associated with it. All I remember is being scared shitless (excuse my language) and thinking hmm, I'm SO good on sex. Ok, maybe not good, but I'm definitely good on the randomness of it- though I've never been into the randomness of it, my disdain for randomness was solidified. I think in this day and age, with all the knowledge and independence us women claim to possess..we can no longer claim ignorance or pretend like diseases don't exist.

Another thought that crossed my mind when I read this is, why did she have to go looking for trouble? I have promised myself that I won't look through peoples phones (not claiming that I haven't done it before) for fear that I may find what I'm looking for. My mom always said, what's done in darkness will always come to light, so snooping will eventually prove itself unnecessary because dirt will eventually surface. Your friend's 'finding' however, makes me want to rethink this issue. What made her look at his phone? Did she have suspicion? Was it truly accident? A part of me wants to say, since she was snooping that's what she gets...but then again, what if she hadn't been snooping? She would've been thinking things are gravy between her and her dude and meanwhile, he's busting in other chicks. Hell to the nah.

Sooo, I say all of this to say, that it's better to be extra safe than to be extra sorry. I'm not condoning snooping, but just for people not to be naive and think they live in a bubble where they can't be affected by infedility (is that the right word to use since we're not married?) or diseases.


Thoughts?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it's way easier to put the blame on women because we're supposed to be more responsible, mature, blah blah blah but in reality, everyone needs to be responsible for their own future and health.

i find it really disheartening that often times young ladies aren't secure within themselves and allow themselves to lower their standards for the fleeting perceived love of a "man" that doesn't even know to love them in a healthy way.

women, we need to do a better job in standing up for ourselves, what is healthy, and what is right.

men, you need to take more responsibility for your actions and how it not only affects you, your future, but those around you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
◄Design by Pocket