Its been a while folks and I apologize to my readers who have been anxiously awaiting for me to return from my hiatus. I was told a couple of times that I've been slippin, and I have no real excuse except for that I've gotten caught up in the ho-hum and mundane activities of my life and with so much nothingness going on, its hard to focus. I've got to do better, twitter less and blog more. So after receiving a virtual but kicking from BLT and getting an anonymous comment on a month+ old post (I <3>Back to the point of the post...why is it a part of human nature to want the things we can't have or may not be the best things for us? All the while looking past something that could be so much better for you? Maybe I shouldn't say human nature, but its definitely a part of mine and many people that are close to me.
Its easy to relate this to relationships, but this could easily apply to other areas. For example, there's the overweight person who craves the chicken tenders but should probably opt for the baked boneless chicken breast. Or there's the child who knows they'll get in trouble, but continues to test the waters with their parents. For the sake of conversation, let's stick with relationships. People so often say that good girls always go for bad boys and I've always said nope, not me. I was taking it for the literal definition of a thug, but a bad boy could be the boy who isn't giving all you want, but you still hang around hoping things will change. When I take a step back, I realize that there have been a few times when I have wanted the bad boy. Its not that I haven't had other options, its just that there has usually been something about the bad boy that makes me want him. It could be swagger, some emotional or physical tie that draws me to him. Lord only knows why Krypto still has the ability to make my heart go pit-a-pat, when I KNOW he's not good for me.
Why is this? Why do we look past the obvious and see what we want to see even when we know that this isn't the best option. Do you have any examples of wanting what you can't have? Were you able to snap out of it?
It feels good to be back....


1 comments:
yeh, you may snap out of it momentarily. but i, like you, am a believer that its human nature to always want more. what keeps us from continuously repeating this cycle is personal choice, typically rooted in some moral/belief system.
so, you may shake it for the moment, but it will come back.
Post a Comment