via twitter: RT @MissLaPetite (not me): @BB Forget about it, give up, stop looking N ur perfect mate will find you. promise...(aint that da truth.-me)- In response to BB's question of how long was God gonna make her wait.
later via BBM:
BB: what you said earlier is easier said than done
me: I know but seriously, take a step back, otherwise it's like watching water boil.
I truly believe that looking or waiting for a man is like watching water boil. Have you ever noticed when you're trying to boil some water and you're just standing there, it takes forever...but when you walk away for a second, the water starts to boil before you know it. I'm sure it takes the same amount of time, but that's just one of them things that old folk say that don't really make sense, but really do when you think about it. Whenever you wait on something, it takes so much longer to happen and before you know it, you've wasted time when instead you could've been doing something else more valuable with your time.
Lately, it seems like everyone has been on this 'gotta get a man' kick. This has more often than not been the topic of many conversations. Maybe I'm being a bit insensitive because I'm involved, but I'm not sure if I've ever been the go out and find a man type so I don't really understand the logic. My parents burned into my brain the importance of not chasing after a man. Flossie always said if a man wants you, he'll let you know. It shouldn't be the other way around. Maybe this train of thinking has gotten me in trouble. I admit sometimes my aloofness or unwillingness to chase has gotten interpreted as me not being interested. But at the end of the day, I'm good. {I even told myself that me and Former Boaz didn't work out because I didn't show I cared enough- or at least that's what he told me...but that ain't nothing but the Devil. If he was as sincere as he said he was, then he would've put forth a bit more effort and stop throwing that weak niggra game}
I'm by no means a relationship guru, but The Bible, Proverbs 18:22 to be exact, says "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD." Not the other way around. Not "she who goes looking for a man and makes the man realize her value, finds a good thing". LOL. I'm sure I'm taking this too literally, but am I? I and many others are guilty of picking and choosing what scriptures we choose to apply to our life.
Day mentioned the other day that she's about to put as much effort into getting a man as she did to getting a job. I'm sure she already knew how I felt about this before she said this ( :) ), but I had to gently correct her. A man needs to be on operation make Day his boo, and not the other way around. She switched it up to say that she should be more open to being available and giving off different vibes. That I can agree with. No one is going to approach someone with a stank attitude who doesn't seem willing to be chased. You attract more bees with honey or something like that right?
I think men are a bit more perceptive that women tend to give them credit for. If many of us know that we should be more open or approachable, shouldn't we also be less pressed. I think men can sense desperation, and no one wants a desperate woman. If I were a man and a woman is being pressed or throwing herself at me, yeah I may think 'let me hit that real quick', but I'm not going to be pressed to wife her up at first because I'm also gonna think 'something must be wrong with her, cause no one else wants her'.
Moral of the story: Relax. Walk away from the water, it's not going to boil any faster.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
FINALLY, she BLOGS! Whew!
Yes, I switched up the vibe. It hasn't made a tangible difference but I'm ok. I think I only get 'desperate' on nights where it would be convenient to have a Boo. ie, when I'm hungry. OR don't want to pay for the movies. Otherwise, I'm ok. I'm the Princess, what can I say.
But yes, you are right. The water ain't gon boil no faster. I've walked away. I haven't even looked back this week; hehehehe it's only Monday. ;-)
Good message. Valid, indeed. Desperation is a disease that runs rampant in today's sociey. From what I've seen, doing things out of desperation typically leads to disaster.
I agree, fall back.
Post a Comment