With all this discussion about Tiger has come the conversation of side chicks, side ho3s, side joints, whatever you choose to call them. {For those who are too lazy to click the links, a side ____ is someone who is not the main chick, but rather someone who is on the side} Some opinions, like the notion that ALL men cheat, I expected (don't necessarily agree with), but there have been a handful that have caught me off guard. Someone that I know, or maybe I should say familiar with, took the stance that there's nothing wrong with being a side chick. My mouth pretty much dropped when I read this on twitter. How dare a beautiful, educated black woman be ok with being the side chick? For the life of me, I don't understand this.
Now, realize that there is a difference in being the side chick unknowingly versus knowingly dealing with a man who you know has a female that he is in a relationship with. The latter I don't have much respect for. One may argue and say that the relationship isn't that serious if he has a side chick, but that's not for a side chick to decide. I would go as far as to say that if women would stop willingly being side chicks, many men would find it that much harder to cheat on their women. I was GChatting it up with a friend, who said it so eloquently:
"Men are genetically prone to wanting more than one partner but it is up to the woman to set the standard....some women don't understand what having standards means and feel like "since he chose to be with me then at the end of the day how can I be wrong". They try to pass the responsibility to the guy but that's not right because men only do what we allow them to do. We are always in control."
At the end of the day, women do have the power or at least we should act like it. I've heard another argument that some women are willingly the side chick just for the sex. I give this the o_O. (blank stare) I get that some women are desperate, but there are too many men out here without attachments for such women to prey on men who are not available. Whatever happened to respecting Other People's P-, I mean property? Who's with me in the fight to take a side chick down, one h-- at a time?


2 comments:
Where do I start. This subject rocks my core. I'm going in.
Women are the sole reason men are able cheat. They settle anything. I cant include myself cause I'll jump off the Empire State building before I knowingly deal with a man that is involved. I think that only scorned women who do not believe in relationships (or themselves for that matter) or have had terrible experiences with men dabble in OPP. It's so bottom of the barrel. It's the equivelent of scrounging through a dumpster. Eww. An when a beautiful, fab chick indulges.... OMG. I can't. You deserve your own man boo.
I wish we would do each other a favor and band together. Single and taken chicks. I take the pledge "I WILL NOT be anyone's number two".
-Real Talk
Wait, but side guys are kosher, right? Ok, cool.
Post a Comment