
2009 has been an interesting year to say the least, but a good one. If you would've told me on December 20, 2008 some of the things that I'd experience in '09 I wouldn't have believed you. This post will be pretty brief as I'm headed to Savannah shortly to bring in the new year with the beau, but feel free to read through my posts over the past year to get a more appropriate rundown. Some things have been left out, but you'll get the point.
I think one of my most memorable moments of 2009 was being in attendance at Inauguration (with actual tickets) where the FIRST African-American president, Barack Obama, was sworn in. I was freezing cold, but that weekend was full of wow moments. I can't wait for the day when I can share that moment with my children. "you know baby, I was there when Barry and Shelly first stepped into the White House"...lol
In 2009, relationships of all kinds were tested. There were a few times when I thought I was going to move on to the next one, but the old one stepped up and showed out. I had two families come together for Thanksgiving at my house, and lived to tell about it. Oh and I was almost written off by a dear friend who I think took me back. :) All in all, I learned this year that love is patient and kind, keeps no record of wrongs- all that good stuff. Holla at I Corin 13:4-7 for the rest.
The J-O-B took too much of my time in '09. It took away from some other things in my life that needed nurturing. Next year, I want to learn to focus more on working on me and my goals instead of working for 'the man' and his goals.
I'm not big on making resolutions, but I am excited for what 2010 has in store. I'm certain that the best is yet to come! Happy New Year to you and yours!
I think one of my most memorable moments of 2009 was being in attendance at Inauguration (with actual tickets) where the FIRST African-American president, Barack Obama, was sworn in. I was freezing cold, but that weekend was full of wow moments. I can't wait for the day when I can share that moment with my children. "you know baby, I was there when Barry and Shelly first stepped into the White House"...lol
In 2009, relationships of all kinds were tested. There were a few times when I thought I was going to move on to the next one, but the old one stepped up and showed out. I had two families come together for Thanksgiving at my house, and lived to tell about it. Oh and I was almost written off by a dear friend who I think took me back. :) All in all, I learned this year that love is patient and kind, keeps no record of wrongs- all that good stuff. Holla at I Corin 13:4-7 for the rest.
The J-O-B took too much of my time in '09. It took away from some other things in my life that needed nurturing. Next year, I want to learn to focus more on working on me and my goals instead of working for 'the man' and his goals.
I'm not big on making resolutions, but I am excited for what 2010 has in store. I'm certain that the best is yet to come! Happy New Year to you and yours!


0 comments:
Post a Comment