Disclaimer: Read at Your Own Risk

The thoughts expressed on Xscape from Repression are just that, my thoughts. The situations and characters may or may not be real. If you read and find that something applies to you, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. I say all this to say: read at your own risk. No hurt feelings allowed. That is all.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Something New...

Friday, July 18, 2008
All week, okay maybe I shouldn't say all week, but since Monday or Tuesday, I've been bothered. Have you ever been bothered by something and didn't quite know why? Well I know what "triggered" my state of being bothered, but couldn't understand why it stayed with me...I guess the fact that I hate when people let me down by saying they are going to do something and don't follow through really bothers me, but I feel like its more to it than that, but just don't know what..ok, back to the point of this entry. In my state of being bothered, I was struggling with if I should let the individual know that I was upset. A friend from work suggested that I do the total opposite of what I normally do...anyone who really knows me knows that my first instinct is to let it ride..some call this repression, I call it "cooling off" because sometimes I get upset and think about it and realize that its not that serious, maybe this is a result of completely repressing my emotions....moving on, so..I'm on gtalk on thurs, still bothered but not sure what to do and I start talking to BLT about the wire, new music, etc. I start to think about all the people in my life who have ever called me out on my repressive behavior and realize that BLT was the first to call me out...mind you this is 8th maybe 9th grade. He tells me about a blog he has, sends me the link, and I read it. *light bulb goes off* What better way to begin on my journey to escape from the emotionally repressive world that I live in that to start blogging. If no one reads it, I'll still feel better because I've always been good at expressing myself through written words...seems like a natural progression huh?

Well, this is something totally new for me and I'd like to give a special shout out to BLT for being my inspiration..who knew?

As to if I ever let the person know why and for what I was bothered about...that's the subject of another blog...

Until next time..

2 comments:

B. Staten said...

ahhhhhh...the agony of suspense :) kudos, tootsie. proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I am guilty of the same behavior, repression that is. This blog is a great tool for emotional freedom. Tootsie, I am hooked from the first reading. Please don't keep me in suspense too long.

Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
◄Design by Pocket