Disclaimer: Read at Your Own Risk

The thoughts expressed on Xscape from Repression are just that, my thoughts. The situations and characters may or may not be real. If you read and find that something applies to you, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. I say all this to say: read at your own risk. No hurt feelings allowed. That is all.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Teaching Dogs new tricks...

Thursday, May 21, 2009
"That's why men are called dogs..they have the ability to sniff something and tell when it ain't right"- Flossie (my mom)

This post will be a compilation of convos I've had over the last few days, that I will try to make cohesive in this entry. It may seem random, but hey, that's how I think. Bear with me.

So I was talking to my mother last night. Now, if you know me and think I'm random..I have NOTHING on my mom. When we have our longer than 10 minute conversations, the topics range from news to family to anything else. Case in point, last night she asked me if I'd heard of Big Pun..she'd watched the Rappers Wives show that was on VH1 (?) and thought the story about his wife was so sad. My mom doesn't even listen to rap..but we had an entire discussion about this. It seemingly came from nowhere, but I was just telling her about one of my friends who has tons of drama and I think it's a cry for attention..not help, attention. That's another story for another day....

Anyway, we ended up talking about this upcoming weekend. HR is coming home with me for the first time. My dad's class is having a reunion and my mom thought it was important that we showed our face. I told her I was hesitant about bringing HR around my dad's friends because he's not my husband and I thought it could cause awkwardness. She said 'Well he is your boyfriend, right?'. Pause, 1. I think she missed the point and 2. I guess he is...lol, still weird to say. I don't want these old(er) men and women looking at me with their judging ways, wondering why I'm not married. I'm ok with it, but don't feel like answering questions. Ok, I should get over it, no need to bring him if I'm concerned right? Right..moving on. She then goes on to say, 'well..you were talking about some other guy trying to step in, you've forgotten about him, so he must be'. Well...I tell her that I believe HR must've known something was going on because he stepped up his game. She opines that men are called dogs for a reason- they hunt and chase, they sniff out things and can tell when something is wrong. So, so true.

Often women say that men aren't as smart as we give them credit for. I think that men are a lot smarter than women give them credit for, they just know when to turn on those smarts and when not to. They react based on how they are trained, or their learned behaviors and rewards (Thanks Drea!). According to Steve Harvey (who lately everyone is proclaiming THE relationship guru), women hold all the power. So it seems as if women need to learn how to train their man. Right? Well, if it's that easy, why are there so many unhappy women? Why is it that women have a 'moldable' man, but crave the man that is too far gone cause after all, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. An old dog who over time has been trained by the current/past women to do bad things but gets rewarded. Instead, there is a man in your face who has all (most) of the qualities you've wanted, but they are still not you want. Why do women always want what they can't have? Why did Eve bite the apple? How can this cycle be broken?

Who knows. Thoughts?

1 comments:

Daydreamer said...

Let's begin by saying I feel some type way that I didn't know about this 'trip home' and just put all the pieces together- re:Twitter and blog... anyway, I digress....

I think women always say what they think they want until they get it. We miss the boat often with praying for a man we want. We are quick to ask God for the man but fail to ask God for the wherewithall to handle him and his dimensions. Sure, you can ask for the mature, well to do, got it all together man but if you haven't met your own personal goals, how can you be with him. OR conversely, you ask for a man that you can shape and mold meanwhile you are not open to someone helping you mold your life bc you are Miss Independent..... Anyway, you ask for what you get. The Universe is more powerful than we think. Women need to start asking for the tool pack that comes with the man in order to keep him; whatever they may be. Otherwise we will continue to receive potentially good men & opportunies and be ill prepared on how to maintain them. In the words of India: 'It looks good but can you be a part of my life...'- different context that what she sings but it works. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
◄Design by Pocket