Disclaimer: Read at Your Own Risk

The thoughts expressed on Xscape from Repression are just that, my thoughts. The situations and characters may or may not be real. If you read and find that something applies to you, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. I say all this to say: read at your own risk. No hurt feelings allowed. That is all.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

One Sweet Day

Thursday, June 18, 2009
Its been a while since I last posted. I have no excuse. This entry will be short, but I'll get back on it.

Today was hard. This entire week was hard, even this past year, but today marked the one year anniversary of my brother's death. It feels like it was just yesterday when I heard his laugh or voice that sounded so much like my father's. It also feels like yesterday when my mom called to give me the news I would never forget. I've spent the past year wishing I could have another opportunity to say all the things I didn't get to say, like how much I appreciated him giving me $5 per 'A' or hooking my car up with a CD player when I got a 4.0 my first semester in college. Or how much I wish he could meet HR, give him a hard time and give his stamp of approval. Although I won't have the opportunity to tell him in person while here on earth, I look forward to that day when we'll meet again in heaven.

Maurice, I know your looking down from Heaven. I love you.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
◄Design by Pocket