That title may not be appropriate given the context of this post, but fitting and in tribute to the icon we lost this month. I wanted to title it 'Never Can Say Goodbye Fast Enough'..but didn't want to disrespect the King of Pop. June has been a month that I can't wait to see come to a close. I'm not trying to rush my life away but I've never been so happy to see a month end. It has been filled with loss, sadness, and shock.
The month started off with the passing of a recent acquaintance. Someone who I had just come in contact with, but no doubt left an impression. The lesson I learned from Chris' sudden departure was to always live life like it's your last day. At first I couldn't understand why his brother wanted to still hang out and party like a rock star a day after losing his baby brother...but he was living life the way Chris would have, celebrating his life and not the loss.
Mid-June was rough, real bad. The 18th marked the 1 year anniversary of my brother's death. I was on vacation with HR's family and I think it helped keep my mind off of it. Of course I had a moment (in private), but the day wasn't as bad as I thought. Part of me wishes I was with my family, but if you think I'm repressive...I come by it honestly. Regardless, Maurice wouldn't have wanted me moping around anyway.
June 25th, the undisputed King of Pop, Michael Jackson dies. What a shocker! Regardless of the fact that many of us 'counted him out' over the last few years, I was actually hoping that his upcoming tour would actually be a comeback. At least remind us that he still got it. It's like I always expected him to be around. It has been nice to feel that MJ vibe again though. Hear the songs all over the radio, do my best efforts to remember the many dances that I memorized. I can't believe that when the Scream video came out, I used to actually drop and slide on the floor at the start of that dance sequence. LMAO! I'm pretty sure I know just as many Jackson 5 lyrics as any 'older' person who was actually around at that time. I went through a phase where I was slightly obsessed with the group, I still know every line to the Jackson's: an American Dream movie. Don't get it twisted. Reminds us that we should give the flowers to the living while they are still able to smell them...
On June 29th, I almost lost Misty (my car) in a parking garage collapse. Funny thing is..I never work in town and when I do, I rarely go into the office. The day I decide to go downtown, the parking lot collapses...FML. I am still unclear of the damage done to my car, but at least it didnt get caught in the pile.
Is God trying to tell me something? Clearly I need to make sure my house is in order...You never know what lies around the corner.
P.S. June wasn't all bad...one of my dearest friends welcomed a baby boy in the world..Yay! There's always a silver lining right? The circle of life continues.


0 comments:
Post a Comment