Disclaimer: Read at Your Own Risk

The thoughts expressed on Xscape from Repression are just that, my thoughts. The situations and characters may or may not be real. If you read and find that something applies to you, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. I say all this to say: read at your own risk. No hurt feelings allowed. That is all.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Bag Lady..aka Debbie Downer

Monday, January 25, 2010

Debbie Downer @ Yahoo! Video

I can't stand a Debbie Downer.  If you're not familiar with the SNL skits, Debbie Downer is the one who can find something wrong with everything and always has something negative to say, often at the most inappropriate times, including birthday parties or during trips to Disney World. 

Generally speaking, I'm a positive person.  I probably tend to be a bit too positive at times.  During most of my performance reviews that I've received, my ability to contribute to a positive work environment is always mentioned.  I've even earned the nickname Positive Polly.  I've been asked how do I remain so positive or why is it that I don't seem to let much effect me.  I don't have a solid answer, but in short I know that there's no used crying over spilled milk and more importantly I know that God has my back.  What's the point of getting beat up about something that won't matter in about an hour or it's something that I can't change?  There isn't one.  Even when giving advice to others, I often try to play devil's advocate or try to find a silver lining.  (key word: try)  Now don't get me wrong, I try to maintain a positive attitude but I'm not perfect, I can sometimes have my moments where I too can be a sour puss.  I can't say this for everybody.  Some people have a tendency to lean towards the negative side.

Have you ever been around someone who always has something negative to say?  With them the glass is NEVER half full, it's always half empty.  You know, the people who even on a bright and sunny day, will mention the 30% chance of rain in tomorrow's forecast.  These are the people who I try to avoid like the plague.  The same people who when after having a conversation with, you are emotionally drained from hearing about their baggage.  I am a firm believer in the notion that you can speak things into existence, laws of attraction, or whatever you may call it.  If you constantly think everything's all bad, everything will be all bad.  The 'I don't give an F' attitude can only take you so far, which isn't very far.

One thing I can say about the Debbie (or Donald) Downers is that because of them, I can see my blessings a little bit clearer.  They are just another reminder that even when you think you've got it bad...someone's always got it worse.  Maybe one of my purposes is to have some of my positivity rub off on the Debbie Downer's of the world...I know one things for sure, I can't save everybody, nor can I save anyone who don't wanna be saved.  Don't save her, she don't wanna be saved...lol

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
◄Design by Pocket