Disclaimer: Read at Your Own Risk

The thoughts expressed on Xscape from Repression are just that, my thoughts. The situations and characters may or may not be real. If you read and find that something applies to you, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. I say all this to say: read at your own risk. No hurt feelings allowed. That is all.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Really Makes Me Wonder...The Grass is Always Greener Phenomenon

Thursday, October 2, 2008
The purpose of this blog is not to only talk about him, but to express what's on my mind. I can't help that he's what's been on my mind a lot lately....

Ok, so I've been somewhat floating on cloud 9 for a few weeks now. I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm just going to enjoy and continue riding the wave until it lasts. Anyway...I happened to change my FB status message the other night to reflect my current state of euphoria and as soon as I hit enter- a friend who recently got married made a comment. She said something like she was jealous and I replied to tell her that she has what most of us want- a husband. She quickly replies back that it aint what it seems, etc, etc. This is interesting to me since she hasn't been married 2 months yet.

The next day we chat it up on gmail some more and she's telling me that she's happy for me and that we are so cute, blah, blah (although you know when she said that I was cheesing). I ask her to explain what she meant by 'it aint always what it seems' and she continues to reiterate that she's jealous of my situation. My mind is still boggled because I still sometimes struggle to even 'define' my 'situation' and once again...she's been married for not even 2 months.

Another married friend calls me for some advice on her issues and all I can really do is listen since I have nothing to compare to. So it makes me wonder--is the grass ALWAYS greener? I mean seriously. Single women wait to find our Prince Charming or pray that they find us, we date, get married and you mean all I have to look forward to when I get married is to wishing I weren't married??? This can't be life...Its like a catch 22 or is it? Does the grass stay green on your side if you are with the one that is REALLY intended?

Yeah I want to get married, but I don't want to rush it just for the sake of being married and definitely if I'm going to be stuck with this 'the Grass is Always Greener' phenomenon. But like I said, RW may not even be the 'one' but regardless I'm going to ride this wave for as long as I can...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As my friend's mom would say "you can't trade in one devil for another"

Men are going to be men, regardless of how many you meet and develop relationships with. I think it comes down to expectations. What do you really want out of a marriage? Is it realistic? Does your partner want the same thing? Is scary to think of someone who is married for 2 months already saying "it ain't what it seems" - Why? What did you think it would be?

Hey work with what you got. The grass is the same from the east, west, north and south. I think if your partner meets your basic requirements ... teach him the rest! I quote Will Smith "Jada and I have removed divorce as an option. We figure if we are going to be together, we might as well be happy it"

Anonymous said...

Ride the wave. What is meant for you and RW will be my friend. I think in today's day and age, people get married for all the wrong reasons and they treat marriage like a simple bf/gf relationship. It takes time, patience, understanding, communication - and in our microwave society, some people dont realize that and want to run at the first sign of 'weeds' in their grass. You have to realize that the grass may lose its color, hell it may even die, but like a good homeowner, you need to take the time to water it, fertilize it, and realize that it is worth your time and energy to get it back to where it was...ok, I'm done with my analogy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
◄Design by Pocket