Disclaimer: Read at Your Own Risk

The thoughts expressed on Xscape from Repression are just that, my thoughts. The situations and characters may or may not be real. If you read and find that something applies to you, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. I say all this to say: read at your own risk. No hurt feelings allowed. That is all.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Put on for My City

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Yesterday I voted and it felt great! When I arrived it seemed as if I was walking into party central. It was such a happy atmosphere and I was greeted by many smiling faces. My people were out, all ages, and we all seemed to have one thought in the back of our minds...'Alright, it's time for our boy Barack to take over, let's make it happen'.

My voting experience also made me realize how much I love the 'A'. Where else but Atlanta, not the suburbs, I mean Atlanta proper, can you walk into a facility, be greeted by people that look like you and wait in a gym where they are playing smooth jazz? Halfway through our wait, a pizza delivery guy even came in selling $5 pizza. Being able to chat it up with MY people in line about what Barack can do for America, how blatant racism has resurfaced, who they knew that went to A&T, etc, made the 1 hour in line fly by.

After my lovely voting experience, I can't wait for Nov 4th!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
◄Design by Pocket