Disclaimer: Read at Your Own Risk

The thoughts expressed on Xscape from Repression are just that, my thoughts. The situations and characters may or may not be real. If you read and find that something applies to you, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. I say all this to say: read at your own risk. No hurt feelings allowed. That is all.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Miscommunication leads to Complication...The Bridge to Nowhere...day 1

Tuesday, October 7, 2008
What a difference a day makes...Just a few days ago, I was on cloud 9, riding the waves, going with the flow. Then yesterday my world went on a pause. I had a terrible case of the Mondays. It started as a simple conversation on Sunday that quickly went south, followed by a series of texts that left me disturbed and bled into the beginning of my work week. I wanted to write on Sunday but was too frustrated and confused. I also felt as if I needed to see how the situation would play out. Well it has begun to play itself out and I feel like it's time to release.

So RW went to Cincy on Sunday for an interview. For some reason, I was under the assumption that it was ultimately for a role in Atlanta that had been discussed previously since it was with the same company and he had not mentioned otherwise. Then it dawned on me to ask why wouldn't they allow him to see the plant if it's in Atlanta before sending him to Cincy to interview, followed by another interview with their corporate HQ in Seattle. He says, "The job is in Cincy. Why would you think otherwise?" Err? I am instantly confused because like I said, we'd discussed this company and how they had a role in Atlanta and I assumed it was for said role since it was the same company. He'd never mentioned anything about Cincy. See my confusion? I'm scratching my brain to see if I've somehow blocked out some important detail (I tend to have a problem remembering 'details' lately), but I'm coming up with nothing.

My mind continues to wander. He interviewed the week before for a role in CT. He said he wasn't interested in going to CT but that a friend had referred him and that he didn't want to make his friend look bad? Whatever, but I hear where he's coming from. I get upset. Why you ask? Well..because I was under the impression that he was trying to move to the Atlanta or at least closer to (since this is what has been said- not only to be close to me but also his family, etc)...so why would he keep interviewing for these roles in far away lands that he's not interested in. I have an attitude but am trying not to blow up. So instead of saying something I regret, I find ways to get off the phone. This wasn't hard because he was supposed to be meeting a friend for dinner. Before we get off the phone I mention that his job options suck. Why, he asked..because they're far.

We get off the phone and I continue to think. I'm a thinker by nature and have been accused of overanalyzing. It's a character flaw that sometimes works to my advantage and sometimes against. I think about the possibility of him accepting a job elsewhere. Where would that leave us? Have I completely missed something? I send a text. One worse than a drunken text message, those you can excuse with the oh, I was drunk. I say something to the effect of "im scared and feel I'm on a bridge to nowhere"..harsh, I know. He responds 45 min later with "maybe ur right sweetie"...WTF!? When is it ever appropriate to say maybe you're right and add 'sweetie' to the end? I overreact and send a "well screw you too..f it then" I admit, harsh. Sometimes I react first think later...another character flaw. Anyway, no response. I'm livid because a) his response and b) he hasn't responded at this point. Did he think I was just going to let that go? I tried, but couldn't. I finish packing and head to bed, still pissed. I send another text "so that's it?"...no response. The rational side of me wants to let this slide because I know he needs to get up early and shouldn't entertain my drama but...I want to reach all the way to Cincy and shake him. Needless to say, I don't get a response and I toss and turn all night.

This is getting long and I think I'll continue in another post...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
◄Design by Pocket