Disclaimer: Read at Your Own Risk

The thoughts expressed on Xscape from Repression are just that, my thoughts. The situations and characters may or may not be real. If you read and find that something applies to you, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. I say all this to say: read at your own risk. No hurt feelings allowed. That is all.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let Freedom Ring

Tuesday, January 20, 2009


Did Aretha do her thing or what?

I can't believe it's finally here. The day that I can officially say "My President is Black!". RW/HR and I had the pleasure of being in front of the Capitol as Barack Hussein Obama took his presidential oath. It was a wonderful experience that I will be proud to one day tell my children that I had the pleasure of experiencing.

If you didn't know he was black before, you knew he was black when he walked through the halls of the Capitol with his swagger on 100, that true pimp walk only a strong black man can have. People of all ages and ethnic backgrounds shared that same level of excitement when he took the oath. It didn't matter that it was freezing outside or that we weren't in the area that we originally thought we'd be. Every care that we had on the long commute to the Capitol or in the long lines, went away as we saw the new administration come together. It doesn't matter that we won't be attending any balls because the experience from this morning was priceless.

This evening on the news, a little boy commented with such wisdom about how he was used to hearing kids say they wanted to be rappers and ball players, but now they were saying that they want to be President when they grow up. I know most of us heard a lil' boy say that in elementary school at least once...but to see a little black boy say that caused a wave of emotion to come over me. (I didn't cry, but I had that tingle)

It is a new day people, no more time for excuses. I will go to work tomorrow with my head held even higher. May God bless the Obama family and our country.

1 comments:

B. Staten said...

yeh, she did! lost the key a couple times but i loved it. i'm just glad she came out covered up for once :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
◄Design by Pocket