Some things never change. One of those things is the rush of flirting. It's funny how I never really thought I was a flirt until about a year ago when someone said you know how you get when you've had a few sips..and I'm like how? And they said 'flirty'. LOL! When I thought about it, I'm like wow, that is true. Maybe it's because I am a little more loose and I let a few inhibitions go, as does everybody, but now I realize that I get a kick out of flirting even when I'm sober.
I went to GSO yesterday and saw a few friends from home before a wedding of one of my gazillion LSs. (one that I actually like..but that's another story in itself) Anyway, I was kinda geeked because of the opportunity to flirt. One of the people I went to lunch with was this guy who I was kinda obsessed with when I was in 9th grade. He was a sophomore and in my geometry class and in my mind, completely unattainable. He always had this great smile (even with braces) and this memorable laugh, along with these nice eyes that always looked like they were peering into your soul, nice golden brown complexion and long legs---oooh boy...oh wait, I'm back to reality now. Back to what I was saying. Time has passed and now with my grown woman flyness, I don't feel as if he's so 'unattainable' and I look forward to seeing him because it always presents an opportunity to flirt.
I must admit though, I like to flirt but am sometimes afraid when the guy flirts back, whether it be with the early morning text message followed by the phone call (as opposed to the late night text and phone call which equals bootycall), or the lingering hug with the squeeze, or the wink. It takes away from the innocence and leaves questions of what next? It's like they are finally realizing that you are as fly as you think/thought they are/were and want you to know. I guess you could say I'm seeing someone so...flirting with the flirt back might not be appropriate...or is it? That's my question for the day...
*anxiously awaiting the next rush*
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Nothing wrong with flirting, but it's the flirt back, I agree, that causes problems. You have to know when to turn it off...just think, if your boo did it to you, would you be pleased?
Post a Comment