Disclaimer: Read at Your Own Risk

The thoughts expressed on Xscape from Repression are just that, my thoughts. The situations and characters may or may not be real. If you read and find that something applies to you, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. I say all this to say: read at your own risk. No hurt feelings allowed. That is all.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Surprise, Surprise...

Friday, August 8, 2008
Facebook is the devil. No really I mean it. This is like the umpteenth time I've looked at something on FB and got unnecessarily upset about it. That's the cause of this post but not the subject, so let me move on.

I look on FB this morning and browse the photos of some of my recently tagged friends, nothing out of my ordinary routine. I see that one of my 'friends' (in airquotes because I'm now questioning this word as far as this person is concerned) has gotten married...hmm, what? The caption under a picture of him and his wife (who I'd never seen before but had heard of- and let me tell you all the comments I heard that I thought were mean, were true..lol) that read 'The newlyweds, look at that rock!'. I'm looking dumbfounded because I know I've spoken to this dude at least within the last 2 months or so and this was never brought up. I don't understand. So what does that say about your relationship that you can't even 'spread the news' and/or what does that say about me, was I not really your friend?

I think I'm extra bothered because this is like the 2nd time this has happened to me. Do I have this label on my forehead that says..'We can be friends but when you get married or engaged, you don't have to tell me'. That is so not okay. I'm not as bothered this time as I was about the first time, but I guess this brings up some residual feelings from the last incident.

*sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I had the exact same thing happen to me, but it was an engagement, not a marriage. I found out from a mutual friend, in casual discussion, that my 'so called friend' had just proposed to his girlfriend in the very restaurant we were happy houring in, just one week ago. I was pissed, called the friend, and he offered no real reason as to why I wasn't told, it was more like 'oh, no big deal, i've been busy'....b.s.

Anonymous said...

To continue the trend ... Girl, I had the exact same thing happen to me! This "guy" and I worked for the same company in the same building and went for morning hot chocolates, lunches and even afternoon hot chocolates almost everyday. We would talk about things happening in our lives, but Mr. Man forgot to mention one major thing. So after about 10 months of our casual work routine of hanging out, I called him at his office extension to hear his voice message say that he will not be in the office for the next 2 weeks. Uhmm, interesting he didn't tell me he was going on vacation. But I wasn't offended, because he didn't have to give me a play-by-play of his life. So couple weeks went by, and I was like uhmm I haven't heard from him in awhile. I called his work extension and he answers the phone. Here is the kicker .... So I asked him where he went ... it was like pulling teeth. We went back and forth with me having to ask him questions and him not giving me straight up answers. Finally he admits that he was on his honeymoon ... WHAT!.... Mr. Man had a girlfriend, got engaged, and got married within the time I'd known him ... and did not say a word. My conclusion - anyone who is so private that they hide such a life changing event from people that they speak to has issues -- and you don't need people who have serious problems in your life anyway --- so Mr. Man got cut off. Probably Mr. Man wasn't ready for marriage because he had a secret crush (wink ... wink).

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
◄Design by Pocket