Disclaimer: Read at Your Own Risk

The thoughts expressed on Xscape from Repression are just that, my thoughts. The situations and characters may or may not be real. If you read and find that something applies to you, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. I say all this to say: read at your own risk. No hurt feelings allowed. That is all.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Karma...You do dirt, you get dirt

Sunday, November 8, 2009
or something like that. My mom always said that 'what's done in the dark will always come to light'. For some reason, I always stumble upon what's done in the dark. *sigh* Most of the time, not on purpose.

A few days ago, I stumbled upon something that now I wish I hadn't. Blame it on social networking. Youtube now shows you which of your gmail contacts have youtube accounts...so I clicked the first name on the list- KG. I see he has one video which is a montage of pics from a trip that he and his then girlfriend took. No biggie right? Right..or so I thought. As soon as I IM him to make fun of this display of corniness..I see that the pictures start to resemble something from a proposal. I immediately start to feel awkward. Normally I think, simmer even, before I act/speak, but for some reason on that day I jumped the gun to make fun of him. Then I see the ring. For some reason, I'm slightly traumatized and I feel like I've violated his privacy. (disclaimer: anything you post on a social network is fair game)

Once I get over my initial reaction, I start to think..hold up, when was he engaged? I was totally not expecting a proposal video because I remember specifically asking him if he'd ever proposed/been engaged- and his answer was no. I'm doing all sorts of calculations in my head like comparing the dates of the video posting to when he met me. I ask why he'd never told me and he says 'because it wasn't important'. Uh, ok, maybe that's a typical male answer, but if you proposed to someone less than 4 months before you met me..it's kind of a big deal. All the times he told me he'd never done this, never done that- this video made all of that conversation just words. Another thought that popped into my head was..wait, was I rebound girl? (sidebar: HR always tells me that I tend to make things about me that really aren't...maybe this is an example...lol)

I'm overreacting right? Yeah, I know. I think I'm especially bothered by the fact that he blatantly lied to me. Also by the fact that many times he'd accused me of not being open, when he was hiding this big thing the entire time. According to BFFL, you attract what you are (or something like that) Maybe she's right. Maybe, I'm being a bit hypocritical considering my former car situation, but not really. While I may not have been totally upfront about my relationship, when asked I was. Guess I should've have been a bit more upfront. I shouldn't even be thinking about this since I'm in a relationship...but I just needed to get that off my chest.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.

2 comments:

Daydreamer said...

The saying goes: 'Who you are with is a direct reflection of who you are on the inside'. Copyright LotusFlower. :-D ..... He lied. You lied. You live you learn. You saved yourself a zero.

B. Staten said...

"Be careful of the games you're playin', you may just be the one who's played..." - Chick on Erro's "Tale of Two"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
◄Design by Pocket